Ogisan's Home

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Flor de Mayo

I went to a restaurant named "Flor de Mayo" (May Flower in English). I was told that it is a good place for Cuban food. I was very surprised when I walked in that the staff were mostly Chinese, with a few Hispanic waiter and almost all the items on the menu were Chinese dishes or had Chinese names.

As it turns out, it is a Cuban-Chinese restaurant, serving Cuban food with a Chinese food or vice versa. We had "Pollo a la Brasa" (Peruvian special chicken), which was very tender and juicy.






Our other dish, "Lomo Saltado" (sliced steak sauteed with potatoes tomoato and onion served on rice) surprised me because it was stirfried with french fries, which actually worked really well. The portion was good too. All in all, not a bad place for a quick dinner fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home