Ogisan's Home

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Part I of the day.

I went hiking at Harriman today. I have done a few winter hikes here and there but this is my first hike in snowy ground.

It was much more difficult than I anticipated - not because of the temperature but because of the condition. The weather started out at low twenties, but it was not cold because there was very little wind. The snow was above my ankle mostly and knee deep at times. The snow provided very little traction - making going uphill extremely difficult. The snow masked what was underneath out feet (i.e. rocks, branches, or little streams), making the trail difficult to travese.

I screwed up this shot, got a giant flare in it. Otherwise, might have been somewhat decent
All in all, we did about 4 miles in 4.5 hours, which is very slow and felt more like a 7 mile hike.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home