Ogisan's Home

Sunday, February 26, 2006

CMCNY Spring Festival Party!

It was very fun to see everyone in street cloth. With those that I do not know as well, it took me awhile to put the name to the face but it all worked out at the end. There were lots of people and plenty of food but I think people were more interested in chatting than eating!

The presentation by Mr. Chen, Chi, George were very inspiring. They make me want to plan some trips to the exotic locations. Unfortunately I was sitting far from the projector screen thus I did not get to enjoy the presentation to the fullest extent. However, the presentation the really got me going was Mr. Chen's, as he was talking about his trek in some of Taiwan's peak. Being that I am from Taiwan, it seem like that's the more likely place for me to do a big trek.

I have no pictures of hiking from Taiwan. However, here (http://www.frogfree.com/) is a site with beautiful pictures of climbing/hiking around Asia (Taiwan included) that I think most member of CMCNY would appreciate. This link (嘉明湖) is for Mr. Chen. This link (神山, Malaysia) is for Ben. Now that you have seen them, don't you guys ever plan a trip there without me!

I think the highlight of the party was the fashion show, courtesy of EMS. It was hosted by Chuck, the assistant manager at EMS Downtown NY. Our very own Marjorie, Michael, Cam, and Mandy were the model.

The party ended with raffle and bingo (with fifts provided by EMS and CMCNY). I think there is a prize for everbody. Tami was very glad that her 年糕 (sticky rice cake) was popular among the deserts.

Well, all good things come to an end, I will see you guys on the trail soon enough!



Peeping Francis










Henry's kid, Nathan was quite popular at the party.









Michael performing his version of "盲劍客."

Mandy looking sassy even with her dislocated thumb.



Tami making sure the rice cake is done the night before the party.

For more photos of the party, try here.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait till you have chance to see these hikers in 'Party cloth'!!

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey olson
nice website
i see your love for photography continues to flourish.

Rock on,
Jimmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home